Removing links from a Casio watch metal bracelet is key to adjusting the size. In this post, I’ll show you how the Casio Metal Watch Band Adjustment is done. This is particular to the AQ164W series of watches like this one (mine has a blue face). The bracelet has the following designation on it: “S-1208DV” See the photo below
Please review the entire Casio metal watch band adjustment procedure, including the photos, once or twice before starting.
Casio Metal Watch Band Adjustment
- 1/32 inch screwdriver or pin punch
- #4 or #6 hex driver (any small flat ended device) to push the pin in
- Bench vise or table vise
- Thick cloth to protect the watch from the vice jaws (I prefer diapers)
Before starting, approximate how many links you need to remove. In my case I could tell I needed at least 3 and possibly even 4 links out. You want to take out the links evenly from each of the sides so that the clasp and watch stay centered on your wrist. Note also that the bracelet has two attachment points on the clasp.
1. Remove the pin from the clasp. Depress either end and then pivot it out of the clasp. The pin is spring-loaded and will shoot out so be careful. Set the pin aside so you don’t lose it. Be careful not to lose it.
2. Wrap the bracelet in the cloth and carefully clamp it in the vice with the arrow on the bracelet facing down. The arrow shows the direction to remove the pin. Each link has two pins. One pin is under the arrow, the other is parallel and adjacent to the arrow. Remove the pin under the arrow. The end of the pin that is aligned with the tip of the arrow appears as if it might be a screw. It is not. The pin is more like a cotter pin than anything. We will be pushing it out.
3. Put the 1/32” screwdriver or pin punch in the end of the hole facing up. Using the heel of the palm of your hand tap down to push the pin out. Once it is free of the end, un-clamp it from the vice and carefully remove the pin and set it aside. Re-clamp the strap and remove another pin in the same manner. Set the link and pin aside.
4. NOTE: if removing links from both sides of the band, write down which end of the clasp goes on which side of the watch BEFORE removing them. (I wrote down 12 to CASIO) The clasp comes set up for the watch to be worn on the left wrist. If you want to wear it on your right wrist, you can swap the clasp end on the bracelet.
Casio Metal Watch Band Adjustment -Re-assembly
1. Align the clasp end with the bracelet and carefully insert the pin. Round, closed end goes into the arrow tip. Gently push the pin in as far as it will go. About 1/16” or 1mm will be sticking out. Use the flat ended device to press it in. The pin will “snap” into position.
2. Repeat for the other end of the bracelet.
3. Re-insert the pin and attach the end of the bracelet to the clasp.
I hope this was helpful to you performing a Casio metal watch band adjustment. Please let me know if it was helpful or not. Please let me know if you have any question about doing a Casio metal watch band adjustment.
Here is a link to Casio’s international website.